Close Up Baltimore: Terms and Conditions
1. The Close Up Baltimore photograph competition (the "Competition") is open to Baltimore City and Baltimore County Residents residents aged 18 and over.
2. The Competition is open to all photographers (both amateur and professional).
3. Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
5. The image must not have been published previously in any other publication or website.
6. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You grant Close Up Baltimore:
a. Permission for your entry to be published on Close Up Baltimore websites and social media channels including but not limited to www.cubaltimore.com and you grant Close Up Baltimore a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license (with a right to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in Close Up Baltimore publications) for purposes connected with the Competition and as described in these Terms and Conditions; and
b. The right to use your name and neighborhood of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
7. You also hereby waive all your moral rights in your entry. Notwithstanding the afore-going waiver, in order to use entries as intended and advised in these Terms and Conditions, (i) Close Up Baltimore may need to modify entries, including but not limited to resizing, cropping or color adjustment as necessary, provided that Close Up Baltimore shall endeavor in undertaking such modifications to maintain the integrity of your entry as originally created; and (ii) Close Up Baltimore shall provide a picture credit for all entries.
8. You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behavior, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If Close Up Baltimore has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then Close Up Baltimore may not consider it and may disqualify it.
9. Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent. Click here for a sample release form.
10. Close Up Baltimore does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images.
11. All entries must be submitted via the online entry form.
12. Winning photographers will be notified via email. Photographers will be expected to submit 15 Close Up Baltimore photographs and corresponding stories to receive their stipends.
13. If you have any questions regarding these terms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before applying.
14. The deadline for submitting applications is on February 20, 2017 at 11:59PMEST.
15. By applying to Close Up Baltimore, you agree to these terms and conditions.